Founded in 1987, Ferrara Manufacturing has built a worker-first culture centered on a passion for product and engineering.
Ferrara Manufacturing was founded by Carolyn and Joseph Ferrara. After graduating from New York University, Carolyn started a fashion production management company while Joseph worked as a management consultant. At the age of 25 years old, shortly after getting married, the couple launched a manufacturing business to fulfill Carolyn’s dream of creating the highest quality and best fitting clothes in the world.
The 13,500 square foot factory resides on West 39th Street in the heart of Manhattan’s Garment District, producing the finest tailored garments for the fashion industry’s most notable and prestigious brands. Seen on the runway in New York City and Paris, worn by American Olympians, celebrities, and VIPs around the world.
In 2016, Gabrielle, the couples’ oldest daughter, excitingly joined Ferrara anufacturing. Gabrielle grew up in the factory and was always inspired by the people and energy. Gabrielle brings her experience from working in the technology industry to guide the future of the business. The Ferrara family is involved with several organizations within New York City within the arts and business. They are a founding member of the New York Garment Center Supplier Association (GCSA) Foundation.
Today, as a mother-daughter team, Carolyn and Gabrielle are an innovative force on a mission to dress women of all shapes and sizes in the process of developing a proprietary custom fit technology.
New York State
The Durst Organization
Oscar De La Renta
United States Olympics
United States Department of Labor
- The Manufacturing Institute STEP Emerging Leader Award 2020
- Crain’s Family Business Award 2018
Note: Press is not permitted to reach out to members of the family directly.
- Family-owned and operated since 1987, specializing in high-end tailored garment production
- Founded by husband and wife, Joseph and Carolyn Ferrara
- 75 highly-skilled employees at their factory in the Garment District of Manhattan
- Ralph Lauren’s longest standing American garment manufacturer; making clothing for Ralph Lauren since 1990, including Collection, Olympics, red carpet, VIP, and runway garments
- Proud manufacturer of the US Olympic team uniforms with Ralph Lauren since 2012
- In 2020 collaborated with Ralph Lauren and the CFDA as the manufacturing partner to produce PPE: 250,000 masks and 25,000 isolation gowns
- In 2020, selected as the prime manufacturer by NYCEDC to produce 1 million PPE items for NYC hospitals and front-line workers
- **Added to national archive**
- ** founded NYGSA
- **Published Petition
- ** Published Survey
- ** Acquired MFG Center
- In response to COVID-19, launched the Ferrara Supply Division to manufacture Personal Protective Garments.
- Received Fashion Manufacturing Initiative Grant (FMI) from the CFDA and NYCEDC to launch Ferrara Labs
- Recipient of the Crain’s Family Business Award